First workshop in Kenya in partnership with AAS, SEI Africa, ATPS and ACTS
On 6 June 2017, SRMGI held an introductory workshop on the science and governance of solar radiation management (SRM) in Nairobi, Kenya. The workshop was co-organised in a partnership between the African Academy of Sciences (AAS), the Stockholm Environment Institute Africa (SEI Africa), the African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS), and the African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS).
Roughly 60 participants from varied backgrounds, including academia, government, NGOs, intergovernmental bodies and the media took part in the day’s mix of presentations, plenary sessions, and small group discussions.
- Dr Benjamin Apraku Gyampoh (African Academy of Sciences)
- Prof. Asfawossen Asrat Kassaye (Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia)
- Dr Sam Ogallah (Pan African Climate Justice Alliance)
- Mbeo Ogeya (Stockholm Environmental Institute – SEI Africa)
- Dr Christopher Oludhe (Department of Meteorology, University of Nairobi)
- Dr Nicholas Ozor (African Technology Policy Studies Network)
- Andy Parker (Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative)
- Frankline Rono (Kenya Meteorological Department)
- Prof. Shem Wandiga (Institute for Climate Change and Adaptation, University of Nairobi)